Last August, more than twenty brewers from around North Carolina came together at Mystery Brewing Co. in Hillsborough to brew “NC Gose West,” the North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild’s first collaboration beer. The beer was brewed entirely with ingredients sourced from North Carolina: barley and wheat from Asheville’s Riverbend Malt House; muscadine grapes from Lu Mil Vineyard in Dublin, NC; fresh hops from several NC hop farms; and Outer Banks sea salt from Southern Shores, NC.
This sour and salty beer was recently available at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver and then also at the World Beer Festival in Durham. But if you weren’t able to attend those festivals, worry not — the beer will see a statewide release this Thursday, Oct. 16, with a variety of bars and breweries tapping it on the same day.
Those establishments are:
- Bombshell Beer Co., Holly Springs
- Bull City Burger and Brewery, Durham
- Common Market, South End, Charlotte (in conjunction with Wooden Robot Brewery)
- Double Barley Brewing, Smithfield
- Gibb’s Hundred Brewing, Greensboro
- Gizmo Brew Works, Raleigh
- Lonerider, Raleigh
- My Way Tavern, Holly Springs (in conjunction with Carolina Brewing Co.)
- Mystery Brewing Public House, Hillsborough
- Natty Greene’s Brewing Co., Greensboro
- Top of the Hill Brewery, Chapel Hill
- Triangle Brewing Co., Durham